Do you know what resignation letter is? Are you ready to resign from your current job? A resignation letter is a short formal letter that is going to advise your current employer that you are leaving your position. It is an important tool which is going to assist you in maintaining a good relationship with the old company. It is the strongest and the positive final impression that is going to pave your way while moving.
Why Write Resignation Letter?
This letter is going to announce to superiors, human resource managers as well as your co-workers that you intend to leave your current job position.
It is very polite if you send the letter out in advance (more if it was stated in your contract). 2 weeks is the accepted minimum time to write the letter so that the employer will be aware.
You never know the day you will require your employer to assist you in giving a reference. It makes sense for you to sit down and write a nice professional letter. The letter is going to provide official notice of your job termination.
What you need to do is just to download relevant templates then fill in the personal details so as to get the ball rolling to the next step of your great career. Ensure you are sticking to the following advice on how to utilize a resignation letter template
• Keep it short. If you have some issues to put off your chest, then you should do it in a professional manner so as to avoid too many lengthy explanations. You can do your private reasons with the manager later on after he or she has received the letter.
• Adapt it to your contract. When you show that you have considered all the terms stipulated in your contract, you will be demonstrating that your decisions have been thought through, and you have avoided nasty surprises.
• Keep a professional tone. You may have been in friendly terms with your manager, but you should have in mind that the resignation should be dealt in a more professional manner. You should address the director in a formal way.
You may not know what you are going to include in the resignation letter. Herein are some of the templates that you can use. Each model has been designed to be an ideal tool no matter the sort of the job you are resigning for
1. Detailed resignation letter template
This is a template that has been suited to people who have been working in their position for quite long time. It would like to go into details behind the resignation; it is meant to provide a general feedback
2. Standard template
This is the template that is going to get the job done in a positive way. It is suited to all those organizations which require an
Organizations which requires the employee to inform line manager as well as human resource department of the same
3. Formal template
This is an official template covering basics, nothing else. It is specifically for those who are unhappy with the job and are not wishing to mention anything which might harm good reference.
4. Short notice period template
This is the template which helps the employees to request for reduced period of notice that the contract allows. It is crucial for those who want to start the new job immediately.
5. Extended notification template
This is a template which allows your
6. Retirement resignation letter template
This is a template that is ideal to those who have decided to retire willfully and those who cannot move to other jobs in their career. You can find more on resume writers website.
It is always good that you receive an acknowledgment receipt for the letter you write by hand or by email. This is going to ensure no later disputes about the time the notice will be formally given.